I wanted to share this post before these beautiful Paper White Bulbs are gone…
Evidence of Spring in the Inland Pacific Northwest doesn’t usually show itself until the end of March and the beginning of April. Even though there are not many signs outside that Spring is here, bringing it into our homes can add a bit of brightness and cheer to our days.
I am, like so many, a BIG fan of Joanna and Chip Gaines from HGTV’s Fixer Upper! After Christmas the Magnolia Blog shared a fun post on ideas to liven up our homes with real and faux flowers. Well, Joanna had me at the first glimpse of these fabulous faux Paper White Bulbs. However, I quickly realized that the Paper White Bulbs were out of my post Christmas budget. Well, then something fun happened last week – They went 40% off and I had seen a fun discount code in my Country Living magazine in which Joanna and Chip are featured this month. Check out the fun article! Not only do they create magical spaces for families to call home, they treasure their family, their faith, and one another, making them that much more appealing to follow long with.
This is the simplest project…
- Order up the faux Paper White Bulbs (clicking on this link will take you to their site) before they are gone.
- I used a container that I already had. A basket would work well also. Your local craft stores, Home Goods, or TJ Maxx would also be good sources for container possibilities. If you don’t have access to any of these stores or feel like heading out to look this wooden bowl would be a great option.
- I purchased a piece of green foam from Michaels (with my 40% off coupon of course).
- I am particular when it comes to moss. I like the fresher moss that is soft, rather than dried, it gives the impression of being alive and real. After checking a couple craft stores, I found some at Hobby Lobby (again, don’t forget your coupon).
- Cut the foam piece or pieces to fill your container.
- The faux bulbs come with a stake at the base of the bulb that is easily placed into the foam.
- Cover the bulbs with moss.
See, super easy with a great refreshing result! It maybe a bit obvious that I am anxious for the beauty and new life that comes with Spring!!♥
As we live with bare trees and brown dormant grass for a few more weeks, I am going to be enjoying some fun refreshing greenery inside. Oh, I did see some robins in our trees a couple weeks ago. 🌳 Spring will be here before we know it. ♥
**I was not compensated in any way for this post. All opinions are mine and I am just happy to share about products that bring me joy and I always love passing along a great deal!
Genesis 8:22 (NIV)
“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.” So thankful for God’s promises and the amazingly beautiful earth that he has provided for us!